Have questions? Please fill out the form below and our Chicago Education Specialist will answer any questions you have. Or call us at 847-786-2690
Your info is safe with us, we'll never share it with anyone for any reason
Fill out the form below to have our Education Specialist contact you with tutoring and pricing information
We start with this simple fact… your child is unique. There are skills, concepts and subjects that he/she gets pretty easily. And there are others that require a bit more help to truly master.
At Private Tutoring Chicago, we aim to help your child succeed academically by matching them with a carefully selected private tutor. A tutor who will work 1-on-1 with your child to provide personally tailored lessons which will focus on the areas your child needs the most help with and will lead to the biggest improvement in grades and/or test scores.
Our process starts when you call our Education Specialists here in Chicago at 847-786-2690. Our specialists will answer any questions you have about our tutoring service and pricing. They will also assess your needs to get a clear understanding of your child’s needs, family schedule and more to be able to recommend one of our private tutors in Chicago who is the ideal fit for your situation.
This makes finding the right tutor an easy process. You don’t have to do all the interviewing, screening and scheduling. We’ll do it all for you.
Our tutors go through an extensive background check, have to demonstrate expertise of subjects, demonstrate excellent teaching and communication skills, have a history of high academic achievement, have past teaching/mentoring experience and have the ability to create and teach personalized learning plans.
By carefully matching students with the ideal tutor to create customized lesson plans, we’re able to help students be successful in a number of different situations where a private tutor is needed.
A common situation when a tutor is needed is for students who are struggling in a specific subject like math. Our tutors work with students in these situations to understand where the struggles are coming from and develop a lesson plan to focus on those areas.
By working with these students we often find they get excited about the subject because, with the help of a 1-on-1 tutor, they actually understand what they’re doing. It’s not uncommon for students who have been struggling with a subject to ace a class that previously terrified them!
Students who already do very well in school and want to improve even more so they can get into an Ivy League school. It used to be that tutoring was mainly used to help children that struggled with school. But that’s changed in recent years. Getting into a top college (and even private elementary and high school) is extremely competitive these days. It’s more important than ever to show the schools your child wants to attend the best academic performance and test scores possible.
This can mean getting help in academic subjects like Calculus, Biology, Physics and/or a foreign language. (And this is especially true for AP level classes.)
Or it can mean having a private tutor help them prepare for an upcoming achievement test like the ACT, SAT, SSAT, ISEE, MCAT, GRE, LSAT. While there are no shortage of test prep books and study guides on the market to help students prepare for these exams, there’s nothing quite like having and experienced, private tutor there to help.
A private tutor can use diagnostic tests to assess strengths and weaknesses and create a personalized lesson plan to focus on improving the areas that need it the most.
And because our tutors are all high academic achievers themselves, they understand the needs of top students and help them get scores up and keep stress levels down when it comes to preparing for these exams.
Aside from the obvious benefits of higher grades and test scores that a private tutor can help achieve, there are a number of other benefits that working with a higher tutor provides:
1. The convenience of meeting in a comfortable setting like your home or a library where there are not as many distractions as there are in the classroom from noise and interruptions from classmates. And scheduling the tutoring sessions at a time that are convenient for your family to work into your hectic schedule.
2. Not relying on a one-size-fits-all approach to learning. Kids learn at different speeds, need extra help with different concepts, and have different learning styles. It can be difficult in a group setting for an instructor to take all those factors for each student into consideration. With 1-on-1 private tutoring, your child will get the personalized attention they need to thrive.
3. It’s amazing to see. The effects of tutoring can reach beyond the desired improvements in test scores and/or grades. When kids see for themselves the improvements in the academic achievements, especially when they suddenly “get” subjects and concepts that they previously struggled with, it provides a huge boost in confidence that carries over to other subjects and parts of their lives.
4. Even many adults are not comfortable in group settings. And that certainly applies to kids as well. Kids who are introverted and shy often don’t feel comfortable asking questions in the classroom if they don’t understand a concept that’s being taught. A private tutoring session provides them with an environment where they feel free to ask as many questions as they want.
5. Getting homework help is another common benefit that a private tutor can provide. Kids who often struggle with the amount of homework they have or with certain subjects, can have benefit from having a subject specialist help them with difficult concepts and in forming good homework habits to make getting it done less of a struggle.
6. Related to the above with homework, a good tutor can help foster study skills and strategies that can spill over into other subjects. Improving study skills can also have a long term positive effect on kids to help them form good study habits that will stick with them for years.
We have a number of tutors in Chicago that are experts in a number of different subject matters.
One of the most common subjects that we get asked for help with tutoring for is Math. And we have a number of math tutors in Chicago that can help young elementary school children struggling with basic math concepts all the way up to college students struggling with advanced level Algebra, Calculus, Statistics and more.
We also do a lot of foreign language tutoring for kids. Common languages that we have tutors for include Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese and Latin.
Other academic subjects our tutors have covered include Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Writing, Reading, History, Economics, and History.
Test prep tutoring is also a big part of what our tutors help students with. And this test prep occurs at a number of different levels.
There are the tests that are common for younger students such as the ERBs as well as preparing for entrance to private/independent school admissions tests like the SSAT and ISEE.
Then there are the tests that everyone who’s gone through (or is about to go through) the college admissions process know about. The score your child gets on the SAT or ACT test is an important factor in the admissions process and is well worth putting in the time to prep for (whether with a private tutor or some other form of test prep) so that colleges see your child perform the best they possibly can on these exams.
We also do an extensive amount tutoring for grad school admissions tests. These include the LSAT for admission to Law School, the MCAT for admission to Medical School, the GMAT for admission to an MBA program as well as the GRE for admission to masters and doctoral programs at a number of universities.
And all of our test prep tutors have not only taken the exams they tutor others in, they really shined when they took them! In fact, most of our tutors scored in the top 97% when they took these exams themselves.
We hope the above gives you a good idea of what we’re all about… matching your child with the best possible tutor for his or her unique situation. And, in the rare situation we may not find a local Chicago tutor that’s the right fit, we have an online tutoring platform so we can find a tutor in another part of the U.S. who is. And this platform is not just a matter of hopping on Skype. We’ve built our own system specifically designed for online tutoring so the technology actually enhances the tutoring process instead of getting in the way of it.
At the end of the day, you can only tell so much from words on a website or spoken in a video. That’s why we encourage you to call one of our Education Specialists in Chicago. Talk with them about your specific situation. Ask about our affordable tutoring packages. Ask about our tutors.
More than anything else, that will give you the best feel for whether or not you feel our tutors may be a good fit for your child’s situation or not.
Hiring a tutor to work with your child is an important, and highly personal, decision. So please call us today to find out more about how our Chicago area private tutors can help your child realize their full academic potential.